Porcelain crowns for your teeth look natural and function just like your own teeth. A porcelain crown costs a little more than an acrylic crown, but it also lasts a lot longer. How long do porcelain crowns last? Up to 30 years, when fitted properly by a Yonkers dentists open on Sunday and Saturday. Of course, you must take care of them properly to get the most wear out of them.
Dental crowns are synthetic caps placed on your teeth to protect them. Your dentist, open on Saturday and Sunday, fits them over the top of your teeth either to strengthen them or make them look better when:
- Protecting a cracked tooth
- Holding an large existing filling in place
- Repairing a broken tooth
- Capping worn down teeth
- Putting a cap on a tooth after a root canal
- Finishing off a dental implant
- Restoring a tooth from a deep hole in the tooth
- Attaching a dental bridge or partial dentures
- Making discolored or stained teeth look better
Porcelain crowns are dental caps, but instead of being made of acrylic, they’re made of porcelain, an ideal material to replace a tooth. The goal is to create natural-looking teeth that fit comfortably in your mouth. This doesn’t only restore your smile cosmetically; it also restores your teeth’s functionality.
When you hear about porcelain crowns, certain questions arise. First, you probably start thinking about porcelain crown costs. Once that’s settled, you probably wonder how long do porcelain crowns last?
How Dentists Install Porcelain Crowns
When you go to a top Yonkers dentist for dental crowns, you need two visits. This process is time-intensive, but most people feel their time is well spent.
- During the first visit, your dentist prepares your tooth, removing any decay and cleaning the tooth and the teeth around it. An impression is made of your bite, which is used to make the crown. While waiting for the lab to make your porcelain crown, your dentist puts a temporary crown in place.
- At the second visit, your dentist removes the temporary crown and cleans up your tooth. Then the permanent porcelain crown is set and adjustments made. Finally, your Yonkers dentist cements the crown in place.
Porcelain Crown Costs
Don’t put off getting this procedure for fear of the porcelain crown costs. While the price varies depending on where the tooth is located, your Yonkers dentist gives you the best value possible — and the price includes all the steps to cement the porcelain crown securely in place. Specifically, your porcelain crown cost should never exceed $3,000 per tooth, but most are much more reasonable: as low as $1,000 per tooth.
Remember that the quality level varies greatly, depending on your dentist. Your Yonkers dentist, open on Saturdays, takes pride in putting porcelain crowns in place. That experience pays off for you. It’s worth paying for a well-made porcelain crown that expertly fits into your mouth. When it’s done correctly, your porcelain crown:
- Looks more natural
- Fits better, giving you a more natural bite
- Is stronger
- Lasts longer
- Is worth your porcelain crown cost
- Keeps your gum tissues healthy so your tooth is less likely to decay
How Long Do Porcelain Crowns Last?
When you take proper care of your porcelain crowns, they easily last 10 to 15 years. They can last as long as 30 years with proper care and maintenance that includes:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Flossing so that excess plaque and debris don’t build up around the crown
- Keeping up your bi-annual dentist visits so your Yonkers Saturday dentist can:
- Examine your teeth and gums
- Clean your teeth thoroughly
- Take X-rays to make sure your crapped tooth is still healthy
Porcelain makes a strong, attractive replacement for your natural tooth. It shouldn’t chip, break or crack with normal use. It maintains its color, blending in with your other teeth. How long do porcelain crowns last? Long enough that you’ll forget which tooth it covers.
Find the Right Saturday Dentist
Finding a dentist you trust makes all the difference. If you already have a relationship with a cosmetic dentist or family dentist open on Saturday and Saturday, ask about getting a porcelain crown instead of an acrylic or metal cap when you need a crown. They’re a significant investment in your oral health that pays off in many ways.
The entire procedure takes no more than 80 minutes, although it may come after another procedure, such as a root canal. You may experience some minor discomfort afterward, especially if you’ve had a root canal. For this reason, you need a team of dentists with the most experience, like the dentists at Yonkers Dental Spa, who also are dedicated to providing you and your family with gentle, painless dentistry.
Do you have any questions about the porcelain crowns in Yonkers? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the best cosmetic dentist in Yonkers of Park Avenue Smiles of Yonkers, Westchester County? Please contact our cosmetic dental clinic for consultation with the dental crowns specialist Farzin Farokhzadeh, DDS.