Cosmetic dentistry is the type of dental care focusing on enhancing the appearance of your smile rather than treating disease-affected teeth. Choosing a cosmetic dentist is no easy feat. You need to find someone who understands your needs and can provide you with quality care at a fair price. If this describes you, read on to learn how cosmetic dentistry works, what type is right for you, and how it can help restore your smile!
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Comprehensive cosmetic dentistry can enhance the appearance of your teeth, improve dental health and provide self-confidence and self-esteem. Our cosmetic center offers a wide range of restorative procedures, including veneers, crowns, bonding, fillings, and complete smile makeovers, all in a stress-free and enjoyable environment.
Considering your facial features, such as the teeth shape, alignment, and gum health, our cosmetic dentists use digital design technology to analyze your smile and recommend safe and efficient treatments for your needs. As experienced dentists, we discuss goals and design a custom treatment plan to create the beautiful smile you always wanted.
Rely on our cosmetic dentists’ skill, expertise, and knowledge in creating beautiful smiles. Visit our dental center to experience the best cosmetic dentistry has to offer.
Cosmetic Treatments to Help Improve Your Smile
Many people would like to improve their smile as it is rare to have beautifully straight, even teeth. If you are dissatisfied with your smile, it’s worth seeing our dentist discuss possible solutions. Modern cosmetic dentistry has many treatments on offer, whether you want to make subtle improvements or are looking for that once-in-a-lifetime smile makeover. Our top-rated cosmetic dentists located in Yonkers are available for emergencies and are open on Saturday and Sunday (by appointment).
The field of cosmetic dentistry exists to do more than make you look good — although it certainly does that. But improving how you look can play a huge role in your well-being. Cosmetic treatments very often support the dental work you’ve had in the past, while preventing further damage to your gums and teeth. Since your family dentist at Park Avenue Smiles is a cosmetic dentist too, you get full-service dentistry — which means both a more attractive smile and better health for you and your entire family. That means you get access to all the procedures you need from a dentist who practices general dentistry to achieve and maintain your oral health, while working to improve and sustain your appearance.
Multiple Specialists Are Required for Impeccable Oral Health
Cosmetic dentistry services often require the knowledge of many specialties. For example, to be a painless dentist for cosmetic procedures, your dentist offers an array of anesthetics from local numbing to general anesthesia. Making sure that your gums are healthy and giving you a smile makeover are not mutually exclusive.
So, whether you need same-day dental work or treatments that last for years, such as Invisalign braces, you can keep the same dentist you’ve come to trust. You can get the appearance you’re after while taking care of your overall oral health.
Visit your dentist if you need:
- A cracked tooth repair
- Relieving pain in your jaw
- Repairing your dental implants
- Crowns and porcelain crowns
- Regular cleaning, twice a year
- Emergency dental care
Your dentist learns your goals and then advises you on the best course of action. He works with you to develop a plan to restore the smile and self-confidence you desire. Call us today for a consultation.
What to Expect When You First See Our Cosmetic Dentists?
When you first visit Park Avenue Smiles, our cosmetic specialists John Habib DDS, Natalie Farokhzadeh DDS, and Farzin Farokhzadeh DDS make sure it’s an environment you will feel comfortable and with a friendly staff that you able to chat with and ask questions about the cosmetic dental procedures.
Complete dental exam. Initially, we examine your mouth and discuss your dental and medical history to discover if any problems must be addressed or considered during your treatment. We want to make sure that every treatment we recommend is safe and appropriate for your needs.
Custom treatment plan. After examining your mouth and talking to you about your concerns, we devise your custom treatment plan, a plan that is unique and just for you. We will take you through all the treatments we recommend, as sometimes there are options that may include slightly different procedures or materials, depending on your needs and budget.
Cosmetic dental procedures just for you. Make sure you understand every treatment and how it will help you, and if something doesn’t make sense, ask for a better explanation. We want to make sure you have all the knowledge needed to make an informed choice about your aesthetic dental care.
Before / Afters
What Are Some of the Services Offered by Our Cosmetic Dentists?
- Teeth whitening is fast, and a professional whitening treatment is very safe, achieving far more effective results than any product purchased online or over the counter.
- Dental bootonding uses th-colored composite resins applied directly to tooth surfaces to change the overall appearance of one or more teeth. Treatment is quick and relatively inexpensive and can often be completed in a single visit. However, after a few years, composite resin can discolor, and porcelain restorations are more durable and stain-resistant.
- Porcelain veneers are a bit like false fingernails for teeth, consisting of thin, custom-made porcelain shells bonded onto the front surfaces of teeth. Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting, and can significantly improve the appearance of teeth. However, they cost a little more than dental bonding, and treatment can take longer to complete, sometimes several weeks.
- Dental crowns cover the entire tooth, leaving none of the original structure exposed. Treatment is ideal when a tooth is severely damaged or decayed or has received root canal therapy. A dental crown protects and preserves the tooth underneath while improving the appearance and strength. Dental crowns and porcelain crowns are also used to support a dental bridge, restoring missing teeth.
- Dental implants are an extremely popular way to replace missing teeth and protect remaining natural teeth. They consist of small titanium screws that are surgically inserted into the jaw where they fuse with the surrounding bone, becoming strong enough to support a replacement tooth. We can use multiple dental implants to support large bridges of teeth or complete arches.
- Adult Invisible braces are discreet and effective and very different from the heavy metal brackets and traditional braces’ wires. Often, teeth can be straightened nearly invisibly using removable aligners made from thin, clear plastic and fit tightly yet comfortably over teeth. Other options include fixed braces with clear ceramic brackets attached to very thin archwires that can be tooth-colored and extremely difficult to see. Some adult braces are cosmetically oriented, meaning they only straighten your front teeth and aren’t meant to correct more serious misalignment issues. These can sometimes work in just a few months and are a more conservative way of improving your smile.
There is a lot to consider when deciding which cosmetic dentistry treatments might suit you best. Our dentists will help you achieve an optimal treatment outcome that meets or exceeds all your aims and desires, giving you the smile of your dreams.
Some of Our Reviews
Digna Jacqueline Lara
Does Dental Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures?
Your dental insurance covers most procedures done by a generalist — from filling cavities and doing root canals to pulling teeth and treating periodontal disease. But insurance very often doesn’t cover cosmetic procedures unless they’re medically necessary.
Based in Yonkers, NY our dentistry center is working on Saturday and Sunday (by appointment). We offer a flexible payment options to ensure you get the treatments you need and want.
Is the Office Open on Saturday and Sunday?
There are so many reasons to choose a dental practice that’s there when you need it and can provide the extra services you want. When you have a throbbing tooth on a Saturday, for example, the last thing you want to do is wait until Monday, or worse, for the next available appointment.
A dentist’s open Sunday and Saturday is there for you and your family. And if your active family participates in a lot of sports and outdoor activities, you know that you’re at a greater risk for needing emergency dental care like fixing a broken tooth. Cosmetic dentistry cost is not always an issue either when it comes to your kids and their need to fix obvious problems like overlapping teeth or an uneven bite.
How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?
Your dentist won’t charge more than the average prices you’ll find at most other dentistry practices for routine oral procedures like X-rays, fillings, cleanings, and check-ups. The cost for cosmetic dentistry depends on the amount of work you require and what kind of underlying dental repairs you need before you can receive the treatment, such as a gum graft or bone graft.
When you ask for same-day dental work, the best dentist in restorative treatments may be able to work out a payment plan for you. The steps you can take are maintaining your regular cleaning and checkups every six months, practicing exceptional oral healthcare at home, and following common-sense nutritional guidelines to keep your mouth in good shape. Then, when you need restorative work from a painless dentist, this can minimize cost.
Are you in search of Cosmetic Dentistry treatment to improve the health of your smile or just want to look good for a night out in town? Remember that the first step is finding a dentist specializing in cosmetic dentistry. No matter what your dental problem is, there is a cosmetic dentist in Yonkers, NY, that can help. Do you have any questions about the cosmetic dentistry services we provide in Yonkers, Westchester, NY? For more information or to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentists, please contact our advanced dental center for consultation.