Cosmetic Treatments to Help Improve Your Smile
Best in class, top rated cosmetic dentists
Many people would like to improve their smile at least a little bit as it is rare to have beautifully straight, even teeth. If you are dissatisfied with your smile, it’s worth seeing our cosmetic dentist to discuss possible solutions. Modern cosmetic dentistry has many treatments on offer, whether you want to make subtle improvements or are looking for that once-in-a-lifetime smile makeover. The best rated cosmetic dentist located in Yonkers also is a painless dentist available for emergencies as a dentist open Saturday and Sunday (by appointment).
The field of cosmetic dentistry exists to do more than make you look good — although it certainly does that. But improving how you look can play a huge role in your well-being. Cosmetic treatments very often support the dental work you’ve had in the past, while preventing further damage to your gums and teeth. Since your family dentist at Park Avenue Smiles is a cosmetic dentist too, you get full-service dentistry — which means both a more attractive smile and better health for you and your entire family. That means you get access to all the procedures you need from a dentist who practices general dentistry to achieve and maintain your oral health, while working to improve and sustain your appearance.
What to expect when you first see our cosmetic dentist in Yonkers, NY?
When you first visit our dental office, our cosmetic specialists John Habib DDS, Natalie Farokhzadeh DDS and Farzin Farokhzadeh DDS make sure it’s an environment where you will feel comfortable and with a friendly staff that you able to chat with and to ask questions.
Custom treatment plan. After examining your mouth and talking to you about your concerns, our cosmetic dentists will devise your custom treatment plan, a plan that is unique and just for you. We will take you through all the treatments we recommend as sometimes there are options that may include slightly different procedures or materials, depending on your needs and your budget.
Cosmetic procedures just for you. Make sure you understand every treatment and how it will help you, and if something doesn’t make sense, ask for a better explanation. Your chosen dentist should be happy to talk with you and will want to make sure you have all the knowledge needed to make an informed choice about your dental care.
Before / Afters
What are some of the treatments offered by our cosmetic dentists?
- Teeth whitening is fast, and a professional whitening treatment is very safe, achieving far more effective results than any product purchased online or over the counter.
- Dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resins applied directly to tooth surfaces to change the overall appearance of one or more teeth. Treatment is quick and relatively inexpensive and can often be completed in a single visit. However, composite resin can discolor after a few years, and porcelain restorations are more durable and stain-resistant.
- Porcelain veneers are a bit like false fingernails for teeth, consisting of thin, custom-made porcelain shells that are bonded onto the front surfaces of teeth. Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting, and can significantly improve the appearance of teeth, although they cost a little more than dental bonding and treatment can take longer to complete, sometimes several weeks.
- Dental crowns cover the entire tooth, leaving none of the original structure exposed. Treatment is ideal when a tooth is severely damaged or decayed or has received root canal therapy. A dental crown protects and preserves the tooth underneath while improving the appearance and its strength. Dental crowns and porcelain crowns are also used to support a dental bridge, restoring missing teeth.
- Dental implants are an extremely popular way to replace missing teeth and also help to protect remaining natural teeth. They consist of small titanium screws that are surgically inserted into the jaw where they fuse with the surrounding bone, becoming strong enough to support a replacement tooth. Cosmetic dentists can use multiple dental implants to support large bridges of teeth or complete arches.
- Adult Invisible braces are discreet and effective and are very different from the heavy metal brackets and wires of traditional braces. Often, teeth can be straightened nearly invisibly using removable aligners made from thin, clear plastic and which fit tightly yet comfortably over teeth. Other options include fixed braces that have clear ceramic brackets attached to very thin archwires that can be tooth-colored and are extremely difficult to see. Some adult braces are cosmetically oriented, meaning they only straighten your front teeth and aren’t meant to correct more serious issues of misalignment. These can sometimes work in a matter of just a few months and are a more conservative way of improving your smile.
There is a lot to consider when deciding which cosmetic dentistry treatments might suit you best. But if you find the best cosmetic dentist locally, they will be able to guide you in your choices. They will help you achieve an optimal treatment outcome that meets or exceeds all your aims and desires, giving you the smile of your dreams.
Some of our reviews
How to find and what to look for in cosmetic dentist?
Find a dentist you trust. The first thing you need to do is to book a cosmetic dental consultation with a good nearby cosmetic dentist. Firstly, however, you need to find someone locally you trust to take care of your smile! While many family dentists offer some cosmetic dental treatments, these treatments might not be in high demand.
Expertise and artistic ability. Your local dentist might lack the experience needed to create the type of transformation you desire or need. It takes a great deal of artistic ability combined with skill and technical experience to create a beautiful smile and you want to make sure you get the most out of your investment.
Recommendations and experience. When searching for a good cosmetic dentist, you can ask friends, family, or work colleagues for their recommendations and experiences, and it’s worth looking online at dentist reviews. Also, a good dental office website will contain a wealth of information including lots of details about the dentist’s education and experience in cosmetic dentistry and the types of treatments provided.
All dental procedures under one roof. If you can, choose a dental office where there is a team of dentists ready to help you because some may specialize in other treatments such as orthodontics or dental implants, and this might well be useful. It’s better if you can have all your treatment in just one dental office, as it’ll save you the time and stress of traveling to other locations.
Cosmetic dental center close by. Another thing to consider is whether the dental office is close to home or work and if it has good public transport connections or plenty of parking. You want to make sure it’s easy to get to your dentist and that the entire experience is enjoyable rather than stressful.
Does dental insurance cover cosmetic dentistry procedures?
Your dental insurance covers most procedures done by a generalist — from filling cavities and doing root canals to pulling teeth and treating periodontal disease. But insurance very often doesn’t cover cosmetic procedures unless they’re medically necessary.
Based in Yonkers, NY our cosmetic dentistry center is working on Saturday and Sunday (by appointment). We offer a flexible payment options to ensure you get the treatments you need and want.
Multiple specialists are required for impeccable oral health
The cosmetic dentist in the Yonkers provides services that often require the knowledge of many specialties. For example, to be a painless dentist for cosmetic procedures, your dentist offers an array of anesthetics from local numbing to general anesthesia. Making sure that your gums are healthy and giving you a smile makeover are not mutually exclusive.
So, whether you need same-day dental work or treatments that last for years, such as Invisalign braces you can keep the same dentist you’ve come to trust. You can get the appearance you’re after while taking care of your overall oral health.
Visit your cosmetic dentist if you need:
- A cracked tooth repair
- Relieving pain in your jaw
- Repairing your dental implants
- Crowns and porcelain crowns
- Regular cleaning, twice a year
- Emergency dental care
Your cosmetic dentist learns your goals and then advises you on the best course of action. He works with you to develop a plan to restore the smile and self-confidence you desire. Call us today for a consultation.
Is the office open on Saturday and Sunday?
There are so many reasons to choose a dental practice that’s there when you need it and can provide the extra services you want. When you have a throbbing tooth on a Saturday, for example, the last thing you want to do is wait until Monday, or worse, for the next available appointment.
A dentist open Sunday and Saturday is there for you and your family. And if your active family participates in a lot of sports and outdoor activities, you know that you’re at a greater risk for needing emergency dental care like fixing a broken tooth. Cosmetic dentistry cost is not always an issue either when it comes to your kids and their need to fix obvious problems like overlapping teeth or an uneven bite.
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
Your cosmetic dentist won’t charge more than the average prices you’ll find at most other cosmetic dentistry practices for routine oral procedures like X-rays, fillings, cleanings and check-ups. Your cosmetic dentistry cost depends on the amount of work you require and what kind of underlying dental repairs you need before you can receive the cosmetic treatment, such as a gum graft or bone graft.
When you ask for same-day dental work, the best dentist in restorative treatments may be able to work out a payment plan for you. The steps you can take are to maintain your regular cleaning and checkups every six months, practice exceptional oral healthcare at home and follow common sense nutritional guidelines to keep your mouth in good shape. Then, when you do need restorative work from a painless dentist, the cosmetic dentistry cost can be minimized.
Do you have any questions about the Cosmetic Dentistry services in Yonkers, Westchester, NY? For more information or to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentists please contact our advanced dental center for consultation.