When you need denture repairs in Yonkers, you need it fast. A Yonkers denture repair dentist open on Saturday or a Sunday is a welcome surprise because an emergency denture repair can happen on the weekend. The best option is a same-day denture repair. But whether you need full broken denture repairs or a partial denture repair, you can rely on the Yonkers painless dentist at Yonkers Dental Spa.
Dentures are basically removable teeth. They replace your missing teeth and the surrounding tissue. You rely on them to smile, eat and talk properly. If they get damaged, you need to find a denture repair dentist and have them fixed because most all denture repairs constitute an emergency denture repair.
Without your dentures, your smile changes dramatically. You may not want to leave the house or attend to your normal duties. No matter what day of the week your dentures break, you can get same-day denture repair from a general dentist open on Saturday and Sunday. Your Yonkers dentist can make the denture repairs you need so you can get on with your life.
Caring for Your Dentures
You have one of two types of dentures:
- Complete dentures. You get these when you’re missing all of your teeth.
- Partial dentures. You may get these when some of your natural teeth are still strong and stable.
Caring for both types requires brushing them in a circular motion with regular toothpaste and a toothbrush. You must also soak your dentures in a cleaning solution overnight. Proper care prolongs the life of your dentures and reduces the possibility of needing denture repairs. But sometimes the inevitable occurs, and you’ll need a broken denture repair from a Saturday dentist.
What Causes Dentures to Break
Dental labs use a variety of materials when making dentures, such as nylon resin, acrylic resin and metal. For partial dentures, they often use metal covered in plastic with plastic teeth. These are all strong materials. Nevertheless, you may find yourself in need of emergency denture repair or partial denture repair for several different reasons. Some of the most common reasons why you may end up needing a repair include:
- Wear and tear over several years. Common activities such as chewing wear down the material. Even the temperature variations in food place stress on your dentures. Acidic food and the moisture in your mouth also wear them down, eventually requiring a denture repair dentist.
- Progressive bone loss, which shrinks your jaw over time. This causes dentures to no longer fit properly. In turn, your dentures crack at specific pressure points. Once a crack develops, you need denture repairs.
- Poor-fitting dentures that cause micro-fractures to form in your dentures as you chew food. This is worse if your upper and lower dentures don’t align properly. If you place too much stress on the wrong area, it eventually causes a large break and the need to see a denture repair dentist.
- Impact fractures from when you accidentally drop your dentures, which is yet another reason to seek out emergency denture repair.
- Improper care. You need denture repairs when you don’t take care of your dental appliances. Whether you don’t remove them at night or they accidentally fall out during the day, you need to find broken denture repair.
You Need Professional Denture Repairs in Yonkers
You cannot fix your own dentures. It just isn’t possible because you don’t have the correct tools and materials at your disposal. Repairing dentures takes proper knowledge and skill. You must visit a denture repair dentist. Attempting to fix your own dentures may cause more damage, costing you more money in repairs in the long run.
When you need your partial denture repaired or any part of your dentures fixed, make sure you see a dentist open Saturday or Sunday. Your Yonkers dentist open on Saturday and Sunday understands the nature of emergency denture repair and works hard to give you immediate attention. If you need temporary dentures while your permanent ones are being fixed, you dentist can provide them.
Yonkers Broken Denture Repair
When your dentures break, immediately call your dentist. Open Sunday and Saturday, dentists in the Yonkers can get you in for a visit on any day of the week. Your dentist understands how difficult it is to go without your dentures even for a short time. That’s why your dentist’s open on Saturday and Sunday.
How your cosmetic dentist fixes your dentures depends on how they broke. There are some types of breaks from impacts that your dentist can’t fix. Sometimes, same-day denture repair isn’t possible, such as when your dentist has to send your dentures back to the dental lab. But your Yonkers dentist does everything possible to get you back to your normal life, with your teeth.
Do you have any questions about the denture repair in Yonkers? For more information or to schedule an appointment with the top Yonkers dentists of Park Avenue Smiles of Yonkers, Westchester County? Please contact our dental clinic for consultation with the dental specialist Farzin Farokhzadeh, DDS.