Dental implants can replace one or more teeth, which of course affects your implant costs. If you’re concerned about the pricing, the more teeth you replace, the more expensive it becomes. You can find low-cost offers, but you don’t want to substitute quality. Because options for replacing missing teeth involve a surgical intervention, the average cost for dental implants in Yonkers is higher than other teeth treatments. Our implant dentists are among the best in the region. Our periodontists use only the best dental components for dental implants.
Living longer means your teeth need to work longer. Age, decay, periodontal disease, and injury can all lead to tooth loss. Dentures have been used to replace lost teeth for centuries, and while they have improved over time and come down in price, they have inherent problems that dental implants address.
An implant replaces the root of your tooth. It strengthens and encourages bone growth. Because implants mimic natural teeth so closely, many choose implants over conventional dentures and bridges, especially when replacing more than one tooth.
You’re a good candidate for low cost dental implants if you have relatively good bone and gum health, are in good physical health, have no bleeding problems and aren’t allergic to metals.
If your health is compromised or you have budgetary restrictions, our qualified dental expert works with you to find an alternative. For example, you may opt for low-cost dental implant options.
Advantages of Dental Implants vs. Dentures and Bridges
Understanding your course of action makes your decision easier. Definitely talk to your local implant dentist or Dr. Farokhzadeh, but keep in mind:
- Mimicking your natural teeth, implants improve your appearance and keep the shape of your jaw intact. Underneath bridges and dentures, bone can deteriorate, which has a long-term impact on your jaw.
- Certain words, sneezing, and laughing can dislodge traditional dentures. Teeth implants are a permanent solution that frees you of concern.
- Your ability to eat all foods returns because of the durability of dental implants. Dentures do not allow you to eat certain foods.
- Implants only affect the tooth or teeth being replaced. Bridges require anchoring to other teeth, placing strain on these teeth. Dentures can rub against your remaining natural teeth.
- Durable and stable, dental implants often last a lifetime. Dentures and bridges usually need replacing every five to 10 years.
The Cost of Not Getting Implants
The average cost for dental implants in the United States is between $1000 and $4000, depending on your dentist and location. But balance this payment against the possible future costs you could incur later, such as:
- Bone loss. When the root of your tooth is removed, bone loss usually occurs over time. This allows your other teeth to move, changing the shape of your face and leading to a possible need for cosmetic surgery or dental surgery to correct jawbone degeneration.
- Tooth degeneration. Dentures and bridges often cause your remaining teeth to deteriorate from wear and tear. Since teeth replacement is often free-standing and doesn’t require anchoring, your other teeth don’t suffer.
- Eating issues. Your diet can be affected by missing teeth. Dentures and bridges often curtail eating certain foods. Dental implants allow you to eat a normal diet.
- Self-confidence. If you don’t replace missing teeth, it hampers your appearance and social interactions. Dentures and bridges may slip at the wrong moment, but dental implants remain in place regardless of your activity level.
What Do Dental Implant Costs Cover?
Even low-cost dental implants that we offer in our dental implants center in Yonkers can seem pricey at first since the average cost of dental implants is at least $1,000, and probably more, per tooth. Cheap implants cover the titanium screw implant, the screw-in abutment, and the crown.
The price may rise if other services are required, such as:
- Dental exam
- Tooth extraction
- Bone graft surgery
- Gum graft
- Sinus augmentation
- Any periodontal concerns
- Materials used for the crown
Bridges aren’t always a cheaper alternative, depending on how many teeth are involved and the materials used. A single tooth costs around $500. A three-unit bridge can be around $1,100 to $6,000. A four-unit bridge can range from $2,000 to $12,000. Bridges work best if you have one to three consecutive missing teeth. Some or all the costs may be covered by insurance.
Consider dentures when you’ve lost most or all your teeth. Your Saturday or Sunday dentist can fit dentures eight to 12 weeks after removing your teeth, but you can get temporary dentures in the meantime. If your gums shrink, you may have fit issues. Prices range from $1,300 to $1,450, and some or all the costs may be covered by insurance.
The cost of dental implants may seem high at first, and your budget is an issue since most dental insurance plans don’t cover the dental implant costs. Long-term durability, comfort, stability and a natural look may make them well worth it.
Do you have any questions about the dental implant cost in Yonkers? For more information about low-cost dental implants or to schedule an appointment with a qualified dental expert in Yonkers contacts our Yonkers Dentistry.